The Release Management module that is included with BMC Change Management includes best practices to track and manage change and deployment activities. The goal of Release Management is to provide enhanced out-of-the-box support for managing standard release activities from request to planning and design, build, test, deployment, and acceptance. Release Management includes default support for managing standard release work items by:
- Tracking and managing change and deployment activities
- Automatically notifying stakeholders at every phase of the release process
- Contributing to meeting auditable requirements for traceability through service transition
- Delivering changes faster and at an optimum cost and minimized risk
- Assuring that customers and users can use new or changed services in a way that supports business goals
- Improving consistency in the implementation approach across the business change, service teams, suppliers, and customer
With numerous changes occurring daily, Release Management is the key component in ensuring that applications are successfully deployed without compromising the integrity or availability of the production environment. Using a systematic and repeatable release process, organizations can achieve greater success rates of change rollout, higher quality of IT service, and accelerated time-to-market.